We also have delicious home-made cakes and the cream teas with homemade freshly baked scones are hard to resist. Or why not try one of our fantastic Afternoon teas with a selection of freshly made sandwiches, homemade scones and delicious mini treats.
We welcome families and have baby changing facilities and a number of high chairs available for use in the restaurant. We have a children’s menu and many of our dishes can be made smaller for a child if you would like.
We are fortunate to have the amazing Drakes Trail linking Tavistock to Plymouth right on our doorstep. Whether you cycle, walk or run make sure you pop in to see us! You are welcome to leave your bikes in the courtyard.
We cater for a range of dietary requirements and offer a separate Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan Menus. Please do ask a member of the team if you have any questions and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Dogs are welcome in the restaurant and on our outside terrace next to the river.
Wherever possible local producers and suppliers are used, some of our local suppliers include:
- Howells of Tavistock – Meat and Poultry
- Continental Fruit and Vegetables, Tavistock – Fruit and Vegetables
- Ellis’s Bakery, Tavistock – Bread
- Warrens Bakery, Tavistock – Bread
- S&J Fisheries, Plymouth – Fish
- Princetown Breweries – Local Beers
- Luscombe, Buckfastleigh – Soft Drinks
- Black Dog Free Range Eggs, Crediton, Devon – Eggs
The whole team look forward to welcoming you to The Eastgate Café and Brasserie!